Finance for Non-financial Managers
Understanding the concepts and systems behind financial management can be a daunting task. Many financial managers allow unit managers to indicate the state of their units without really understanding what the unit manager is reporting on. This programme is designed to introduce non-financial managers within the business and corporate sector to basic financial management principles.
Available on a contact or e-learning course
What will you learn?
Upon completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the core functions of financial management
- Outline the framework for financial reporting
- Explain financial management terminology, concepts and principles
- Apply various financial planning techniques including budgeting and variance analysis, cash planning and capital budgeting
- Analyse and interpret financial statements including the Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Comprehensive Income, and Statement of Cash Flows
- Apply ratio analysis to financial statements
- Appreciate advantages and limitations of ratio analysis
- A Certificate of Competence will be awarded to all students who successfully submit and pass their assignments, and exams*
- A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to all students who successfully submit and pass their assignments
- A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to students who attended the training session
*On successful completion of this short learning programme, the participant may be considered for exemption from the equivalent course in the respective qualification, provided that he or she meets qualification entrance criteria. Exemption fees may apply.